EF Humus Builder
Rapidly increases humus levels in soils.
Untreated paddock (left) versus adjacent treated pasture (right). February 2010 trial.
A specially formulated sprayable product designed to rapidly increase humus levels in any soil type by increasing leaf area/thickness, photosynthesis, root exudation and root turnover. This easy-to-use liquid can be sprayed via any spraying system but finer nozzles give the best results.
Building soil humus is important as University, EF research, and routine soil testing indicates that humus levels has been severely depleted on NZ farms receiving nitrogen and acid fertilisers over many years. The higher the soil humus level the less supplementary fertiliser needed for growth and the less drought-prone the soil is. Humus Builder actively attracts moisture into sprayed pasture via electromagnetic attraction.
- Rapid humus building
- Increases soil water holding capacity – humus can hold four times its weight in water
- Improved drought-resistant.
- Reduces leaching – humus holds mineral nutrients, preventing them from being leached by rain.
- Humus holds nutrients in plant-available form
- Improves quality of all soil types, especially sandy or clay (or other compacted) soils. In sandy soils it adds organic carbon to the soil, which improves water holding capacity and promotes deeper root growth.
- Helps break up compacted soils allowing roots to grow deeper and water to penetrate.
- Very cost-effective – can be usefully combined with other EF foliar products.
Pasture: 10-20 L/ha. Thoroughly mix 10 L per 100L of pure water (thoroughly de-chlorinate town water by standing water in an open container for 2 hours before use). Apply 4-7 days after each grazing.
Can also be combined with EF Vegetative, EF Fish Plus or EF Kelp, and an EF calcium product like Calcium Trigger or NitroCal for broad spectrum foliar nutrition with the added benefits of liquid calcium.
Foliar nutrient spraying is up to 20 x more effective than applying solid fertilisers.